The Pomodoro technique and Kanban
A perfect match
KanbanFlow combines the popular Pomodoro technique with the Kanban method. The Kanban board helps you visualize your work and the Pomodoro timer helps you track your time and keep your focus while working.
The result is a simple, yet powerful time and task management tool.
How the Pomodoro technique works
The Pomodoro technique wants you to work focused in short timeboxed periods. By keeping your focus and not making mental context switches, you get more work done in less time.
The basic steps are:
- Decide what task to work on
- Start the timer and work for 25 minutes with full focus
- Take a short break (3-5 minutes)
- Work another 25 minutes before taking a new break, and so on
- Every four Pomodoro take a longer break (15-30 minutes)
We recommend the following when using it with your Kanban board:
- In the morning, plan your day by moving tasks to your Do today column
- When you have decided the next task to work on, move it to the In progress column
- When you are finished with a task, move it to the Done column
Work & break times
- Optimize your work process
- Configure work time (15-55 minutes)
- Configure break times (short & long)
Alarm & ticking sounds
- Alarm when time is up
- Optional ticking sound
- Different alarm & ticking sounds available
- Visible notification when time is up
- Shown even when your browser is minimized (currently only in Firefox, Chrome & Safari)
- Chart of Pomodoro points
- Chart of interruptions to your work
- Personal high score
Time spent report
- See how you spent your time
- Customize report by filter & grouping
- Print or export to CSV
Challenge your friends
- Compare with friends & colleagues
- Have fun by making your work more like a game
Boost your productivity today!
KanbanFlow is simple to use, yet flexible enough for most needs. You will be up and running in a few minutes after you have signed up. That’s how a Lean project management tool should work.